The second release from Que Bajo records, Uproot Andy’s Worldwide Ting Vol. 2. picks up where Vol. 1 left off, with 6 more remixes of 6 musical styles from 6 distinct parts of the world!
'America' sees the K’naan tune that sampled Ethiopia’s Mulatu Astatke, as well as Astatke’s original both remixed and joined together by a heavy swinging cumbia rhythm. ‘El Forastero’ remixes Galileo’s version of a Colombian salsa classic with the most blazing horns. ‘Bassoue’ is a dancehall and dembow take on a feel good Calypso tune by Les Rapaces from Guadeloupe. ‘Raba Raba’ remixes Algeria’s Khaled aka the King of Raï. ‘Camino a Colombia’ punches up the Mexican sonidero style cumbia of New York based Estrellas de la Kumbia and ‘Bonina’ rounds it out with a remix of the ciranda tune by Brazil’s Siba e A Fuloresta. All with a heavy dose of bass, plenty of dembow, and those Uproot Andy synth melodies.
- quebajotest reblogged this from quebajo
- afrokartel reblogged this from quebajo
- anabelle likes this
- ukehunt likes this
- lamusiqueallaround reblogged this from quebajo and added:
- timeaftertimeafter reblogged this from quebajo and added:
- timeaftertimeafter likes this
- muaddef reblogged this from quebajo
- pariscope likes this
- mccimperatriz likes this
- camiloduarte likes this
- lechugazafiro likes this
- theobscenemachine likes this
- quebajo posted this